Lead backend engineer
About Mino Games
Mino Games is a free-to-play mobile gaming studio that produced the top 50 grossing mobile game Mino Monsters, with over 13 million downloads. We create deeply engaging, widely appealing games for millions of fans. Our key development studio is in Montreal, QC.
We are a small group of passionate engineers and artists, our mission is to create games that millions of people all around the world love to play for years. We are funded by the best angel, institutional investors, and gaming companies from across the world. (Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Sybo Games).
Our third, and latest game has already hit the App Store’s Top Grossing Chart in Canada. The game, currently in soft launch, is showing world class key metrics, and we are expecting it to be a global hit when we launch in February 2019.
We are looking today to grow the team to develop and support this newest title into a global success on both iOS and Android.
We are looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer to help us launch and grow our newest game. You’ll be joining our team as a dedicated server programmer, and have full ownership and responsibility over our nodejs backend.
- Architecting our servers and building new features
- Optimizing and scaling our server and databases to millions of users
- Building tools for the rest of our team, including QA, Support, Marketing and Engineering
- Finding and permanently solving difficult bugs
- Commiting improvements to the open source software we use.
- At least 10 years programming experience
- Previously deployed, scaled and optimized large server applications
- Architected your own complex server application
- At least 5 years experience in aws including
- Elastic beanstalk
- Dynamo DB
- Functional js such as futures
- Basic front end js
- Extremely literate in the command line
- Previous use of a typesafe language, for example
Since we’re such a small team, finding the right cultural fit is extremely important to us. We’re looking for people who are:
- Eager to learn and improve themselves
- Positive, solution oriented – bring solutions, not resistance
- Fast – solves problems effectively
- Thorough – tests their code and thinks through all edge cases
- Takes initiative and responsibility – Finds ways to improve the code base without being told
- Fantastic debugger – aptitude for getting to the bottom of seemingly impossible problems
- Adaptable – can quickly learn new tech and solve a variety of problems
- Autonomous – doesn’t require much management
- Product oriented – deeply cares about the quality of the product they are developing, not just the code.
- Ambitious – wants to build something incredible!
- Private health insurance
- Have a large impact as part of a small, close-knit team.