Game Data Analyst
About Mino Games
Mino Games is a free-to-play mobile gaming studio that produced the top 50 grossing mobile game Mino Monsters, with over 13 million downloads. We create deeply engaging, widely appealing games for millions of fans. Our key development studio is in Montreal, QC.
We are a small group of passionate engineers and artists, our mission is to create games that millions of people all around the world love to play for years. We are funded by the best angel, institutional investors, and gaming companies from across the world. (Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Sybo Games).
Our third, and latest game has already hit the App Store’s Top Grossing Chart in Canada. The game, currently in soft launch, is showing world class key metrics, and we are expecting it to be a global hit when we launch in February 2019.
At Mino Games, we believe in hiring the bests and then giving them the freedom to solve extremely challenging problems. Our core focus is to build a workplace where people who are world class can come to feel challenged, empowered and surpass their best.
Game Data Analyst
As an integral part of the business intelligence team, you will have access to huge amounts of behavioral data and it will be your responsibility to transform it into actionable insights and share it with the different stakeholders. Your role will consist of leveraging player’s data to ensure that we deliver the best experience possible to our users.
- Define metrics which meaningfully illustrate the overall business performance of the game (KPIs)
- Generate high-value insights from the data and communicate them in a meaningful way
- Detect, analyze and explains major trends or patterns within the game
- Work closely with the marketing team to support the user acquisition efforts
- Be an expert on industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and design approaches to capture those opportunities
- Promote data-driven decision processes in the whole company
- Design dashboards to monitor player activity to answer crucial questions from multiple angles
- Perform in-depth analysis of the product with data from all available sources to create business value
- Communicate and translate insights to stakeholders to ensure impact
- Train people to use the analytics products you developed
- Develop a solid understanding of player behavior and psychology
- Build data mining models to impact product decisions and live ops
- Leverage a state of the art analytics stack on the cloud to deploy your solutions in production
- Learn every day from world-class professionals
- Unlimited sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Generous vacations
- Bachelor degree (or over) in statistics, mathematics or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working in the gaming industry
- Experience working on F2P games
- Solid experience with languages used in the field (ie. SQL, Python, R)
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Solid business sense and entrepreneurial mindset
- Pragmatic problem-solver - someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly