Game Data Analyst
About Mino Games
Mino Games is a free-to-play mobile gaming studio that produced the top 50 grossing mobile game Mino Monsters, with over 13 million downloads. We create deeply engaging, widely appealing games for millions of fans. Our key development studio is in Montreal, QC.
We are a small group of passionate engineers and artists, our mission is to create games that millions of people all around the world love to play for years. We are funded by the best angel, institutional investors, and gaming companies from across the world. (Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Sybo Games).
Our third, and latest game has already hit the App Store’s Top Grossing Chart in Canada. The game, currently in soft launch, is showing world class key metrics, and we are expecting it to be a global hit when we launch in February 2019.
At Mino Games, we believe in hiring the best and then giving them the freedom to solve extremely challenging problems. Our core focus is to build a workplace where people who are world class can come to feel challenged, empowered and surpass their best.
As an integral part of the business intelligence team, you will have access to huge amounts of behavioral data and it will be your responsibility to transform it into actionable insights and share it with the different stakeholders. Your role will consist of leveraging player’s data to ensure that we deliver the best experience possible to our users.
- Define metrics which meaningfully illustrate the overall business performance of the game (KPIs)
- Generate high-value insights from the data and communicate them in a meaningful way
- Detect, analyze and explains major trends or patterns within the game
- Work closely with the marketing team to support the user acquisition efforts
- Be an expert on industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and design approaches to capture those opportunities
- Promote data-driven decision processes in the whole company
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst in the gaming industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses
- Proficiency in SQL and Python/ R.
- A quantitative bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Economics or Math is required
- Proven experience creating business value using data analysis and industry knowledge
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Solid business sense and entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent understanding of statistics and strong interpretation skills
- High focus on quality
- Passionate about mobile F2P games
- Experience in behavioral psychology/economics
- Experience in data science (modeling, predictions, machine learning, etc.)
- Private health insurance
- Have a large impact as part of a small, close-knit team.