About Mino Games
Mino Games is a free-to-play mobile gaming studio that produced the top 50 grossing mobile game Mino Monsters, with over 13 million downloads. We create deeply engaging, widely appealing games for millions of fans. Our key development studio is in Montreal, QC.
We are a small group of passionate engineers and artists, our mission is to create games that millions of people all around the world love to play for years. We are funded by the best angel, institutional investors, and gaming companies from across the world. (Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Sybo Games).
Our third, and latest game has already hit the App Store’s Top Grossing Chart in Canada. The game, currently in soft launch, is showing world class key metrics, and we are expecting it to be a global hit when we launch this year.
At Mino Games, we believe in hiring the bests and then giving them the freedom to solve extremely challenging problems. Our core focus is to build a workplace where people who are world class can come to feel challenged, empowered and surpass their best.
As an integral part of the business intelligence team, you will manage the entire data flow of the company, including requirements, analysis, data maintenance & management and ETL. In addition, you will work closely with our game development team, stakeholders, and data analysts to help define critical data as a means of measuring and improving our success.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the quality of our data with consideration of efficiency, performance, and cost
- Design, model, develop and maintain data sets to be used for analysis and reporting
- Be responsible for the design and ongoing development of ETL
- Assess, recommend and support the implementation of new data technologies
- Continue to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Work with our data analysts to understand analysis requirements
- Support game engineers with the implementation of telemetry
- Identify and collect data from multiple data sources outside the game
- Implement alerts and ways to monitor data stability
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- An in-depth understanding of database structure principles
- A proven ability to design and create data pipelines and schedules
- Experience with cloud-based big data platforms (BigQuery a big plus)
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Solid business sense and entrepreneurial mindset
- Pragmatic problem-solver - someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Worked in the video games industry
- Experience and interest in data analytics and data science
- Ability to create tools to showcase data to the team
- Private health insurance
- Have a large impact as part of a small, close-knit team.